Thursday, January 24, 2008

Library Show/ St. Louis Storyteller

Greetings Librarians,

I hope you are excited about this great new year as I am. I had such a great time meeting so many of you last year.

For those of you I haven't met let me introduce myself. My name is Jason Vaughn. I am a balloon artist storyteller in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I take the art of storytelling and combine it with balloon art to a create a visual wonder land that kids and adults absolutely adore.

This year we will be going on a balloon safari. I'll be bringing out stories about wild creatures and creating exotic balloon masks for the children to help act out the show. We'll go on an adventure through the jungle floor and soaring high above the canopies with great birds. It will be a site you don't want to miss and neither will your readers.

The price for this years show is $250 any where in the North Texas area (I also perform all over Texas). The price does cover all expenses and I will happily work with any library to get a grant for my performance.

Another option you may want to consider is having a balloon art class for your library. This is 90 minute class in which all the kids learn how to make five basic balloon sculptures: dog, sword, bear, swan, and giraffe. Each child will receive a bag of balloons and their own pump. The cost is $20 per child to cover materials. This is suitable for children five and up. A minimum of eight kids is required for this class.

As always if you tend to have younger kids I have a wonderful classic story and song balloon show. From the itsy bitsy spider to the three little pigs the kids will have an absolute blast.

Last year was my first summer in the libraries and I hope you enjoyed having me as much as I enjoyed being there. One wonderful librarian has actually had me in her library three time in 2008: once for the summer reading program, once for their back to school program, and once for their Christmas program. Even though this was the farthest library I performed for I always looked forward to being there and the kids loved having me. The librarian was kind enough to write a letter of reference for me after the second show.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read about this year's program and I hope to see you in the coming months. Whether you decide to go with me this year or not I hope you and your kids have a great year and summer program.

Please take the time to look at some of the balloon work on this CD and give me a call at the number below to book early to reserve your date.

Sincerely and twistedly,


Jason Vaughn,
Balloon Artist, Dallas / Fort Worth
(314) 346-2241
HigherHopeBalloons@Gmail.com
http://HigherHopeBalloons.com

October 7, 2008
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is in reference to Jason Vaughn who has been hired to do two successful programs for our library. We have another one pending for December, 2008. Jason has an exceptional gift of balloon sculpture. We are amazed each time he comes. There is little he cannot do with a balloon.Jason also does an excellent job of storytelling with his programs. The children love interacting with him. He has a sharing and kind spirit.I would highly recommend him at any level of entertainment.Please let me know if I can provide you with any further information.
Respectfully,
Jacqueline Ross
Children’s Librarian
C.E. Brehm Library
101 S. 7th Street
Mt. Vernon, Illinois, 62864
Email: jross@shawls.lib.il.us

No comments: