Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What I do and Why I do it!

[RSS VALID ?]
I keep getting asked for a job description when filling out forms. As we are in a world where most people do so many things it gets harder to describe our occupation (or multipation) in just a few words. So if you are wondering what I do and why i do I would love to tell you.

And just in case you are really wanting the 5 sec. version.
I am a professional balloon artist that acts as an ambassador for companies and families to bring people together.

What I do and why I do it:

  1. I make balloon sculptures from the simple to the elegant.
  2. I create an atmosphere for moments and memories.
  3. I make people of all ages smile.
  4. I twist tubes of latex into something that reminds people of a great past.
  5. I encourage people to think bigger about who they are.
  6. I love people not because of who they are, but because of who I am and who they can be.
  7. I teach people to dream and think outside the box.
  8. I tell stupid joke that still get a laugh because people are looking for a reason to laugh.
  9. I bring people of all ages, races, and religions together through joy.
  10. I help people forget that current pain by remembering a great past.
  11. I help people forget their pain by inspiring them to a better future.
  12. I tell stories with my creations.
  13. I tell my story with my life.
  14. I tell God's story because of His grace.
  15. I entertain because I have a giant ego.
  16. I entertain because I can lift you up.
  17. I entertain because you lift me up.
  18. I lead in love with all things.
  19. I go the extra mile to meet the needs of my clients, my friends, and my family.
  20. I screw up a lot, but I try my best to fix it.
  21. I apologize more than I should.
  22. I start too many sentences with I.
  23. I love what I do.
  24. I act as an ambassador for companies.
  25. I take my clients message to those they're trying to reach.
  26. I give great value for the price I charge.
  27. I think at time I should charge more.
  28. I make a joke out of many situations.
  29. I take some things too serious.
  30. I like being open with all people.
  31. I like creating bonds.
  32. I'm probably too honest for a business blog, but want you to know the type of person you are hiring.
  33. I love working with other cultures.
  34. I enjoy being the only white person in the room.
  35. I have great mentors in my life for different aspects in my life.
  36. My mentors make me a better person, professional, and balloon artist. Which makes me a better choice when you're looking to hire someone.
  37. I don't know any magic though I would like to.
  38. I think I can dance at time, but the laughter tells me I'm wrong.
  39. I still dance anyway.
  40. I sing randomly.
  41. I wish my life was a musical and at times I think it is.
  42. I refuse to make adult material from balloons.
  43. I love working with the elderly because they appreciate life so much more.
  44. I love working with children because they are still innocent and you can see it in their eyes.
  45. I will always be me no matter how odd I am.
  46. I love to take adventures to never never land (in my mind).
  47. I hate stopping list where people think I should like the number 50.
  48. So I won't.
  49. I want to be your entertainment for your next event.

Jason Vaughn,
Balloon Artist, Dallas / Fort Worth
(972) 505-2241
HigherHopeBalloons@Gmail.com
http://HigherHopeBalloons.com

1 comment:

PC Pal said...

Those are some really cool balloon creations you got on here! It looks like it could be a fun game and sparks some creative thinking.