Friday, June 14, 2013

Geek of a Week Balloon Art

[RSS VALID ?]
The last few weeks have been really busy. I've spent more time away from home than I have in years. 
A couple of the reasons are that I was able to attend a couple of conventions I've been looking forward to for a while. 

The first was Dallas Comic-Con. This was a lot of fun. Each day I wore a different Marvel Avengers (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America) superhero balloon costume. 
Marvel Avengers Superhero Balloon Costumes

I even won Honorable Mention in the costume contest for my The Inflatable Hulk costume.
The Inflatable Hulk Balloon Costume

Dallas Comic-Con was a blast and I even made some great new friends. I love hanging with nerds and geeks especially the creative types.

Two weeks after Comic-Con I attended A-Kon 24. That is the second largest and longest running anime convention in America. I'm not really into anime, but I do appreciate the art and many attendees have 
similar interests like being big Doctor Who fans (or Whovians).

There were actually a lot more cosplayers at A-Kon that at Comic-Con. I create several different sculptures for costumes. The Bronies loved me because I made a ride-in Rainbow Dash from My Little Ponies.

I also created a rocket launcher for a girl cosplaying Soldier from Team Fortress 2 (TF2).
Soldier's balloon rocket launcher from TF2

And finally I ended A-Kon by making a Yoda balloon from Star Wars for a friend to take home to their son.

Yoda Balloon with Lighsaber from Star Wars

He even had his own lightsaber.

It really was a fun month. I can't believe how blessed I am to do what I love. I can't wait for the next opportunity. 

If you weed a balloon artist or decorator for your next event then please be sure to give me a call.

 (314) 346-2241

See you soon,
Jason

No comments: